Wedgewood Homes Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The types of personal data that we collect:
You may give us information about you by using the website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This also includes information you provide when you sign up to our mailing lists:
The types of personal information that can be collected are:
Company & Job Title
All information provided to Wedgewood Homes will be processed in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We will retain any data for such period as is necessary to comply with legal and our administrative requirement.
The ways we use this information:
We will use the information to communicate with you, but also to measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
You have the right of access to your records and confirmation of the data we hold. You can request details by e-mailing email@example.com or by writing to:
Wedgewood Homes Ltd
Unit 1A Tower Industrial Estate
We will respond within one month of receipt of your request.
You can also remove your consent at any time should you wish to stop e-mail or telephone contact for marketing purposes; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or use the address above. Alternatively, please call on +44 (0) 1732 824 744.
Security of data:
The information we hold is held on secure servers. To ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Your internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files, "cookies", that hold information which allows a website to recognise you.
Data protection policy for the recruitment process:
As part of our recruitment process we collect, process and store personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process.
Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. The purposes for this are set out below. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application: CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications
- Assessment: CV, psychometric tests (such as a situational judgement test, ability or personality test), interview (face to face, telephone or video), behavioural assessments (such as a role play, group exercise or presentation), technical assessments;
- Pre-employment screening: employment references
What personal information might we process?
Here are some examples of the type of information we may process.
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills
- Employer feedback / references
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Photographs and images from recorded assessments or from on-site CCTV
- Assessment results e.g. Technical assessment results, video or telephone interview data
During the process we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend interviews/assessment centres, to prepare for starting at Wedgewood Homes (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regard to our hiring.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We will need to share your personal information internally and may be required to share it with some external parties or associates. Some of these third parties and associates will be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Your information will only be shared if it is necessary or required.
The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application,
- Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviours for the role)
- Activities needed to complete the on-boarding and screening process should your application be successful.
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
- Those employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf
- Employees in HR/Finance who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment, assessment, pre-employment screening, payroll)
- Employees with responsibility for investigating issues of non-compliance with laws and regulations, policies and contractual requirements
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access
- Audit and Investigations employees in relation to specific audits/investigations
- Managers for facilities / premises.
We may also need to share your information with certain external third parties including:
- Companies who provide candidate interview and assessment services
- Academic institutions (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating information you’ve provided
- Other third-party suppliers (or potential suppliers), who provide services on our behalf.
How do we protect your information?
Our HR systems are protected to ensure that unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information does not occur.
Where we share information with other parties located outside the UK, as a minimum, we will require that such personal information is protected as required by the laws of the UK. Wedgewood Homes also requires its third party suppliers or recipients of personal information to guarantee the same level of protection as provided by us. Your personal information will be retained for such period as is necessary to comply with legal and our administrative requirement.
You are entitled to see the information we hold about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be removed if you legitimately think that we shouldn’t be processing that information.
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should contact the HR team in the first instance email@example.com.